Sunoh Edinburgh is Edinburgh’s first and only asian radio station. Since its launch on the 1st of July 2018 it has garnered a very loyal local as well as international listener base exceeding 7k. It has more than 10 presenters and caters for multi-lingual communities in and around Edinburgh.
It is also the first radio station in the UK to broadcast live in Pakistan on a weekly basis creating and nurturing bonds between the communities between the 2 countries.
The Edinburgh Asian Awards was born out of a simple vision; to create an event that would honour achievers from within the Asian community in Edinburgh; to create one of the most important events of its kind ever to be staged in Edinburgh for the asian community. The Edinburgh Asian Awards aims to pay tribute to Asian success across all walks of life in Edinburgh; emphasising inspiring achievements and highlighting inspirational role models in the fields of business, hospitality, entertainment, community, philanthropy and popular arts and culture.
The event will be a black-tie affair with a 3-course sit down dinner. The event starts sharp at 6PM with a mocktail reception and will be followed by the ceremony.
Below are the shortlisted candidates for the award nominations
Get Your Ticket Now
Award Rules and Regulation
Awards – The Edinburgh Asian Awards 2018 will be referred to as the “Awards”.
Nominee – An individual/company being nominated by themselves or by someone for an award category.
Awards Management – Individual/Panels/Employees of Sunoh Edinburgh responsible for the conduct of the “Awards”.
Jury – Individuals appointed by the Awards Management to evaluate the applications.
The calls for entries for the Awards will be announced on Sunoh Edinburgh’s social media platforms.
The Awards Management and/or Jury have the right to reject any nomination in any award category if false/misleading information is found to have been submitted in the nomination process.
Nominees can apply for or be nominated in more than one award categories.
The Awards Management has the right to reorganise/reclassify applications from one category to another, at its discretion.
- The Awards are open for residents of Edinburgh only.
- The achievement/supporting facts should have been implemented in the Award category qualifying description.
- The Awards Management may modify the eligibility criteria in the best interests of the Awards
- The Awards Management holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulation stated herein.
A nomination can be submitted via Sunoh Edinburgh nomination page in the following manner:
In the nomination page fill in the following details:
Category to be nominated for
Your nominated candidates name
The first phase of the nomination process will close on the 15th of January 2019 at 6PM and the second phase will open on the 18th of January 2019 at 8PM.
The second phase of the Awards will shortlist 3 most credible candidates and the voting will end of the 31st of January 2019 at 6PM. Voting will be done on Sunoh Edinburgh’s voting page.
Awards Management has appointed experienced and independent personnel to screen applications to ensure adherence to the eligibility criteria and rules and regulations.
- The Awards Management will contact the shortlisted candidates, if required, for any clarifications/information needed to verify certain claims.
- The Awards Management will make the best efforts possible to contact the shortlisted nominees, but shall not be responsible if the person does not participate in or does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable.
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the nominee for any reason beyond its control, Awards Management may, at its discretion, disqualify the nominee or continue in such other manner as deemed fit.
- The Jury will score/rank the nominees based on the nomination and supporting facts provided.
- There could be one or more than one winners in each category, at the discretion of the jury.
- The determination of who should receive an award category rests solely with the jury.
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding of all nominees.
- The Jury may also decide, in order to adhere to the standards of the awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category.